Wassim Ibrahim, was born in Damascus, Syria in 1978. In 1998 he finished his first undergraduate study in civil engineering assistant at Damascus University; working for seven years on projects throughout the country. Even as his engineering career was being launched, serious musical study was pursued; continuing the passion he had begun at only six years old; playing the recorder and the oud. Concurrent with his early engineering endeavors, Ibrahim began rigorous private study in oud performance with master teacher Fayez Zahr Aldin.
Shortly thereafter, he began the study of harmony and counterpoint with Prof. Bella Tagezieva. Committed to completing academic musical study at the highest level, Ibrahim entered the Higher Institute of Music in Damascus in 2005; graduating in 2010. Among his professors were renown Professors Serge Kopperanov (composition), Bella Tagezieva (theory),Victor Babenko (conducting) and Maestro Missak Baghboudarian; Artistic Director of the Syrian Symphony Orchestra. Ibrahim completed a Master of Music degree in composition at the Music Academy of Krakow, Poland in 2015 under the direction of Prof. Józef Rychlik. in 2019 he got his PhD in Music Composition at the Music Academy of Krakow, Poland, under supervision of Prof. Wojciech Widłak.
Beginning in 2010-2013 Ibrahim launched his professional teaching career at the Higher Institute of Music in Damascus. Courses included the history of international music, harmony, and ear training.
Ibrahim’s professional work as a composer began in 2002, when six of his original songs, were included as part of a CD for children Stay with Us! His compositions have been premiered and performed in many festivals, countries and concert halls throughout the Middle East, Europe and North America. In Poland during the International Warsaw Autumn Festival;for the contemporary music in the Austrian Cultural Forum in Warsaw. His Orchestra’ piece Behind the Death was performed in The Concert Hall of Philharmonic-Krakow-Poland, Axes festival at the Music Academy of Krakow-Poland, Ibrahim’s Soliloquist have been featured for the Syrian Cultural Days Festival in the Muth Theatre Vienna, Austria; an independent concert in Burgtheater Kasino, Vienna, Austria, Eherbal saal Vienna, Austria. In 2015 Ibrahim’s composition Damascus Breeze was premiered in New Jersey, USA and in 2016, Elegy was performed in Wisconsin. His compositions have also been enjoyed in Elb philharmonic in Hamburg,Germany and the Opera House of Damascus.
Ibrahim was a member of the Chamber Choir of the Higher Institute of Music in Damascus and has also he is an performed as an oud player in many countries; the United States, Austria, Germany, Poland, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Russian, Morocco, Jordan, Algeria, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon and Syria.
- Composing course in the Music Academy in Krakow given by Polish composer Mr. Maciej Jabłoński 2013
- Workshop given by Marco Vitale from Italy in Pobiedna- Poland, 2013 Baroque Music.
- Workshop given by Marco Vitale from Italy in Warszawa – Poland, 2013 Baroque Music.
- Workshop given by Marco Vitale from Italy in Roudnice nad Ladem- Czech Republic, 2013 Baroque Music.
- Composing workshop in Austria -Vienna given by Austrian composer Johanna Doderer 2012
- Workshop given by Conductor Ira Spaulding from America- choir program-yes academy – Damascus -Syria . July 2010.
- Workshop given by MMag .Gerald Rrsch from Vieaan, Syria 2010.
- Solo and choir singer “L` evangile selon Jean ” Youth Mediterranean orchestra –conducted by Alain Jotard ( Damascus -Fes maroc – nice , marseill France ) opera house .2009.
- The songs from the Oriental festival “by Nourie eskander”-Syrian Symphony Orchestra conductor Missak Baghboudarian- 2009 abou-dabi ,UEA
- National festival- Solhi Al Wadi orchestra –Dubai – UEA 2009 .
- Operate AHMAD ALARABIE by Marcele Khalifa –AL QOUDS –Arab Capital of Culture –Damascuse ,opera house 2009 .
- Workshop given by composer . Joseph Vella Malta 2009.
- The Tchaikovsky Orchestration Festival. At which I participated in 2 pieces that were kept at the Tchaikovsky museum after the festival,Moscow 2008.
- Aswatuna Choir festival, Petra, Jordan – Aug 08
- Damascus – Arab Capital of Culture – 2008
- Conducting Workshop under the French Conductor Silvin Casancon –08.
- Aleppo – Capital of Islamic Culture – 07.
- Christian-Muslim conference, Eunisco Palace, Beirut/Damascus, Lebanon/Syria – 03.
- All Syrian Symphony Orchestra and Chamber Choir concerts – as member of the Tenors section- since 2005 till date (Syria- UEA- Italy-)